Gap Year in Paradise
When you finish school or need a uni break, you want to spread your wings and see the world’s best. And the world’s best is right here in Queensland!
So before you ‘do’ the world, why don’t you experience your own backyard first?
And what a backyard it is – paradise! Grab your schoolmates and give it a go!
JOBSEEKERS – LOOKING FOR A GAP YEAR JOB IN PARADISE?
And even better, it’s a one-stop shop with information to help you find a job and to settle in, with information on affordable accommodation, training and regional snapshots to help you find out about how to mix work and play.
Go to our jobs hub now to:
- find out about the Work in Paradise incentives offering $1,500 cash and $250 travel bonus to get you to paradise!
- find information about accommodation options and special offers
- find your place in paradise - can’t decide where to go? Explore Queensland’s beautiful regions to find out more about where you can work and live and play in Paradise!
- see the kinds of free or subsidised training that is available
- become a member (for free) and receive job updates direct to your inbox.
Take a Gap Year on the Sunshine Coast
The Sunshine Coast is not only a great place to holiday and live, but it’s also a great place to work and kickstart your career. With more opportunities than ever available in hospitality or tourism, there's never been a better time to work in a fun and dynamic environment.
Check out the Sunshine Coast Council’s own gap year campaign.
Remember your health and safety comes first, so make sure you are familiar with all the COVID-19 health and travel advice, and the latest information on domestic and international travel requirements.